No matter WHAT tool you use, you should understand HOW it works to get the most out of it. Below are some simple tips on how FB works, and the best way to use it for promoting your blog and your brand.
1. Your Facebook page should be used to broadcast and engage. On a regular day, you should have 4 posts scheduled to your page. 1 of these should be blog content, the other 3 should be a mix of shared content from other sites, images, and status updates/ questions.
2. Your goal on your Facebook page is to increase your REACH. The higher our reach, the more chance our fans (and their friends) have of actually SEEING our content. Each time a fan interacts with a comment on your page, their friends have the opportunity to witness the interaction. THIS can organically increase your followers, and engagement.
3. To build your REACH, you need to get people commenting, liking and sharing your posts, EVEN if they are not content posts that link back to YOUR site… you will still get credit for getting engagement. Memes, pictures, and viral content will help with this.
4. As reach goes, and our broadcasted content becomes live, we have a better chance of people seeing it, and CLICKING to visit our blog (which will help with our blog views, and how FB values the content we are sharing).
5. Facebook doesn’t know that YOUR personal profile and your FAN PAGE are the same “person” So when your personal profile SHARES, comments or likes your FAN page content, it will increase your engagement. Always post to your fan page first, and THEN, share to your personal profile. We get better ROI from our friends than our fans, so should ALWAYS share our fan page blog posts TO our personal page.
6. Your personal profile SHOULD be a brand profile. Something you can use for networking for your business, and supporting your community. If it is an entirely “personal” profile, I recommend getting another one and creating an online personal brand profile.
7. Your Facebook insights will tell you the BEST time to post content (when your fans are online and engaged) IF you schedule your content at this time, you have a better chance of your fans seeing it, and engaging, which will increase your reach.
8. Don’t forget to schedule archived, or previously published seasonal content from your site to your Facebook page! Remember, you should be broadcasting DAILY, and posting 3 “engagement” posts DAILY to your page.
9. Your Facebook page will end up (hopefully) being one of your BEST referral sites, so spend the time building it, OR if you are too busy, HIRE SOMEONE to do it. It is one of the best places to invest back into your business.
10. Invite your friends! Yes, please do this! Invite your friends to like your page! This can be done RIGHT on the page itself! Do it regularly, and be confident in promoting your page on your personal profile (but please do NOT visit other pages, and ask people to like your page! That is just spammy!)